Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Kingdom Marriage is for Kings and Queens!

Kingdom Marriage is for Kings and Queens!  


The word Kingdom elicits images of kings and queens, a palace, and all the royal regalia.   My friend Debi and I were blessed by God to have front row viewing of the Queen’s birthday while in London in June.  From a distance, we saw the newlyweds, Kate and William, as well as the Queen, Prince Phillipe, Charles, Camilla, and Harry.  For me it was the fulfillment of one of my dreams.    


 The Queen's Birthday Party!   June 11, 2011
The Queen is in blue, and Kate and Camilla are in the window above the Queen.  

The Royal Wedding, and THE kiss.  (I was not there.)
The definition:  
kingdom |ˈki ng dəm|
noun
1 a country, state, or territory ruled by a king or queen
a realm associated with or regarded as being under the control of a particular person or thing

As sons and daughters of the King of kings, we are royalty, and we have been given a territory to rule.     
“God said, Let Us [Father, Son and Holy Spirit] make mankind in our image, after Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon the earth.
 

So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them.”  (Genesis 1:26-27 Amplified)

“God blessed them; ‘Prosper!  Reproduce!  Fill Earth!  Take charge!’”   
(Genesis 1:28 The Message)  

This may be a bold statement, but when I read the above verses, I see that the image of God is male and female together.  At the time "man" was created in God's image, they were still one being.  A Kingdom Marriage is two people joining together to fulfill the great commission.   As my friend (and amazing artist) Lynda Finch would say it is a CO-Mission, not a uni-mission.  
Yesterday I received an email from beautiful Peyton Hoffman in Virginia Beach, and it was so good and confirming, I must share it with you:  
“Yay for Day 1! Thought you'd enjoy this scripture that was posted on my computer at work as I read your blog post today:
"See, I am doing a new thing!" "I am working all things together for good, because you love me and are called according to My purpose." "All things are possible to  her who believes." (Is 43:19, Rom. 8:28, Mark 9:23)
 

I once heard someone say that Kingdom Marriages are set aside to a specific purpose(s) that neither the husband nor wife can do alone. I don't remember who said that (it was a woman talking about her own marriage and the search process that led up to it), but that has stuck with me. It's amazing to think that, while God has incredible paths for me as an individual and as a woman, there are some things that can only be fulfilled through this Kingdom Marriage. For me, it was an "ah-ha" of how important this is, on a larger scale than just being married to the right guy. I think of Adam and Eve, who each had their own purposes from God, and yet, there were things for them to fulfill together to give God glory. Abraham and Sarah-- each had their own relationship with God, and yet, they received promises together, and a purpose that could only be fulfilled by them together.”

WOW - thank you Peyton!  
Declarations:  

Thank you Father God that we have been adopted as Your sons and daughters into Your Kingdom that has no end.  Thank you for giving us a greater revelation of what it means to be Your Royal children as we make these declarations.  
  • I declare that I am Royalty, because I am a child of the King of kings!  
  • We declare that we receive the first blessing given to man from God, and we will:  Prosper!  Reproduce!  Fill Earth! and Take charge!’” 
  • We declare that we will seek first the Kingdom of God, and as we focus on the King of kings, ALL of the things we need in life, including a spouse, will be given to us. 
  • We declare that we have been called “for such a time as this”, to join in partnership and marriage with the person God has chosen for us.  
  • We declare that ALL things are working together for GOOD, because we love God, and we are called according to His Kingdom purposes.  
  • We declare that ALL things are possible with God!  
  • We declare that we do not fear, for it is our Father’s good pleasure to give us the Kingdom. (Luke 12:32 NKJV)  

Expecting to be amazed ~

Barbara 
© Barbara Nelson – 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment