Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Take Courage!

Take Courage!  


"The moment you can visualize being free from the things that hold you back, you have indeed begun to set yourself free."---Unknown


A ski instructors life is glamorous and exciting!  I know, because I lived that life in Aspen Colorado for 5 years.  The statistics are that 1 in 4 ski instructors will have skin cancer, and I was one of the four, at the very early age of 32.  Waiting for the surgeon during the second surgery to remove the cancerous cells around my upper lip and my eye, and waiting for another round of needles in my face, I knew I had a choice to make.  I could choose to agree with fear, or I could choose to trust God to get me through the surgery.  Fear causes more tension, and I knew if I was tense, the needles would be that much more painful, so I chose faith.  I knew that if Jesus could endure the torture of his scourging and crucifixion, for me, I could endure a few needles.   It was during that surgery, and because I chose faith over fear, that I experienced the love of Jesus in the most incredible way.  
Yesterday we talked about the promises God has given us; the land flowing with milk and honey!  
The key to receiving the promises?   COURAGE!  
I can hear the Cowardly Lion now!  “COURAGE!”  
“Do not fear!  Do not be discouraged!  Do not be dismayed!”     
“Do not fear” or “fear not” is in the bible 365 times!   (please correct me if I am wrong.) 
It takes courage to visualize FREEDOM! 
We need courage to allow God to heal the wounds of the past.
It takes courage to see a vision for the future and to believe again.  
It takes courage to hope!
We need courage to let go, and break free from the DIS-couragement. 
It takes courage to begin a new relationship.  
It takes courage for men to lead.

CHOOSE COURAGE!  Take Courage!  and SEE yourself breaking free from the things that are trying to hold you back from the fullness of God’s promises; the land flowing with milk and honey.  
Declarations: 
Thank you Lord for Your goodness, and Your promises of abundance and pleasure.  Thank you for  imparting to us the spirit of Joshua and Caleb to see the promises in the land flowing with milk and honey, and to have the courage and boldness to cross over.  Thank you Lord for your promise, that you will not leave us or forsake us!  

  • We declare that the men and women of God called to Kingdom marriages will ARISE!  and step into the promises!  (Joshua 1:2)
  • We open our spirits, our minds, and our hearts to receive Your command to “Be strong and of good courage!”  
  • We choose to be bold and courageous.  
  • We declare that Your book of the law shall not depart from our mouths, but we all will meditate in it day and night, that we will observe to do according to all that is written in it for then will make our way prosperous, and then we will have good success.  (Joshua 1:8)
  • We declare over the men, “Be strong! and of good courage!  Do not be afraid!  nor be dismayed (crack under stress)  for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go!” (Joshua 1:9)  
Note: (declare these words for the men and for yourself)  
“be strong” in Hebrew is chazaq (Strongs #2388)

Be strong, courageous, valiant, manly, strengthened, established, firm, fortified, obstinate, mighty.  
Generally the words “strong” or “strengthened” define chazaq, but there is a wide range of meaning for this word, which occurs nearly 300 times in the OT; for example, “to encourage” as when David encouraged himself (literally “made himself strong”) in the Lord (1 Sam 30:6).  
AMEN!  



Expecting to be amazed ~

Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment