Monday, November 7, 2011

You are WORTHY!

You are WORTHY!   O Woman and Man of Valor!
Do you ever struggle with feeling worthy of the love of a fine man or woman of God?  I do.  Feeling that I am worthy of the great things God has for my life has been one of my greatest struggles.  Rejection takes a hit on our sense of worthiness and value, like a beautiful gold crown that has been kicked to the curb and forgotten.  
Rejection will come; through romantic relationships, friendships work or church relationships.  As my mother has often said, “all people will let you down at some point, only God will never leave you or forsake you.”   
I experienced a friendship “situation” this past weekend.  She was sharply critical of me, and for two nights the enemy taunted me with that criticism to the point where I was analyzing all of my relationships, seeing all the things I do wrong.  I was feeling unworthy of love, coming into agreement with the accuser, and believing the lies. 
BUT GOD!   
Making declarations is so important because we have an enemy “that comes to kill, steal, and destroy.”   The accuser of the brethren (Revelation 12:10) enjoys whispering lies to our hearts and minds, and then is delighted as we spiral down into unworthiness.  
The Word of God is sharper than a two edged sword, it is a powerful weapon of our warfare.  Faith comes by hearing the Word of God spoken by our own voices. Declaring the truth over the lies, will bring the victory.  
The truth is that you are a child of the King of kings, and YOU ARE WORTHY of a great Love!   
Last summer a group of women joined me in “40 Days of Declarations”, and this blog is a repost of those 40 days.  One of the women had a dream about a woman named Amanda Book.  The dream was a confirmation of the appointment we were (and are) to have with the Lord, to be reminded of His Truth, and to speak them.   
The name Amanda means, “Worthy of Love.”  The other word associated with the name is "virtuous" and the scripture refernce with the name Amanda is Ephesians 5:25,   "Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church."  
I visited with my friend, Strong’s Concordance, about the word “Virtuous”, and this is what I learned:  
Hebrew, Strongs #2428, Chayil:  a force, whether of men ( or WOMEN), means or other resources; an army, wealth, virtue, valor, strength, able, activity, army, band of men (soldiers), company, (great) forces, goods, host, might, power, riches, strength, strong, substance, train, valiant (-ly) valor, virtuous (-ly), war, worthy (-ily).  
The last word:  WORTHY!  
The title I gave the group of praying women in the very beginning was “Women of Valor”, because YOU are a woman of Valor!   My vision is a God appointed group, an army, who will usher in His Kingdom will for our lives, and for marriages, from heaven to earth, through these declarations.  I love His confirmations!  
In the King James bible, this word Chayil is used 3 times to describe a “virtuous” woman, therefore we will be using those verses for our declarations today.  Ruth 3:11, Proverbs 12:4, and Proverbs 31:10. (Amplified Version) 
Today we are going to declare as individuals because it is so important that we hear, and believe in our value and worth.  I don’t know about you, but though I understand that I am worthy of God’s love, I struggle with knowing in the depth of my heart that I am worthy of the love of a GREAT man!  The dings of rejection bruise our sense of worthiness.   Some of the words might seem repetitive, but it will be good for your spirit and heart to hear these words of Truth!     
Declarations  -  (Men - you will need to adapt these declarations.)
Thank you Father God for Your Love for me, and today I stand and declare in agreement with Your Word, and Your opinion of me, because You have created me for greatness!   Marriage is Your design. 
  • I declare that I AM WORTHY to be loved by God’s BEST man!  A man of valor, and a man after God’s own heart.  
  • I declare that I am virtuous; a woman of strength, worth, bravery and capability!  (Ruth 3:11 Amp.)  
  • I declare that I am a capable, intelligent, and a virtuous wife; and the man You have chosen as my husband will find me!  
  • I declare that I am more precious than jewels, and my value is far above rubies, pearls or diamonds.  (Proverbs 31:10 Amp.)
  • The heart of my husband will trust in me confidently, and he will rely on and believe in me securely, so that he has no lack of [honest] gain.  (Proverbs 31:11 Amp.)
  • I declare that I am an excellent wife; a wife of valor, and the crown of my husband!  (Proverbs 12:4 NKJV)
  • Thank you Lord that where I [the crown] have been tarnished and bruised, YOU are the God who restores, and You have restored me to worth and value above that of a royal crown.  
AMEN!  
YOU, my friend, are WORTHY of LOVE!  You are worthy of God’s Best!  God is a God of excellence, so He will not skimp, and He has not forgotten you!! 



Expecting to be amazed ~

Barbara

© Barbara Nelson – 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment