Friday, February 3, 2012

Cute Clothes for Dancing! 40 Days of Prayer and Blessing

Day 22 – (3rd of February)

Prayer for your 10+ men (Hebrews 12) 
  • Throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles
  • Run with perseverance the race marked out for them
  • Fix their eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of their faith & not lose heart
  • Produce a harvest of righteousness and peace
Prayer for yourself:  
Sisters loved by the Lord, from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.  

At the beginning of this year, I envisioned myself stepping out of an old, heavy coat, and stepping into the new year of 2012.  Hebrews 12 reminds us to do that very thing - to leave the past in the past, and take off anything that is slowing us down.  One of my favorite images comes from Psalm 30:11 (thank you Lisa!)  
"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing!  You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with JOY!"  
It's time to put on your dancing clothes!  

AMEN!  

Expecting to be amazed ~
Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment