Tuesday, December 13, 2011

David, Mary, Tim Tebow & Breaking Through!

David, Mary, Tim Tebow & Breaking Through!!   
Wherever you live, and even if you are not a football fan, you have heard about Tim Tebow.  He has now been mentioned on every news show, late night show, newspapers, Twitter and Facebook!  Truly a phenomenon.  Have you seen Tebowing?  
My favorite quote from this past Sunday, and another miraculous Bronco WIN in overtime, 

When you BELIEVE, unbelievable things are possible!" 
Tim Tebow is astounding the nation, because his belief that that ALL things are possible is infectious, and the Denver Broncos are winning football games miraculously!  After signing with the Denver Broncos, he waited patiently, for over a year to really play football - and now he and his teammates are breaking through in every game.  He is changing the culture of a city (perhaps a nation) with his faith and fortitude.   
“And David came to Baal-perazim, and he smote them (defeated his enemies) there, and said, ‘The Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like the bursting out of great waters.’  So he called the name of that place, Baal-perazim [Lord of breaking through].”  (or Master of Breakthroughs)  (2 Samuel 5:20 Amplified)  


Over the weekend my kitchen sink backed up (which also meant that the washing machine could not drain), and the experts I consulted told me that it was impossible without a plumber and a roto-rooter snake thingy.  I tried Drain-o....no change.  Then a friend suggested I lay hands on my sink and pray, so I did, and nothing happened.  I went to church and a group of children prayed for the clog to release so that the water could flow, but there was no change when I returned home.   
It was not until after the miraculous Bronco game, Tim Tebow saying, "When you BELIEVE, unbelievable things are possible"  and my shouting “Grace! Grace!” (Zechariah  ) to the blockage, that it finally released!   
It was miraculous - in a Tim Tebow, Denver Bronco break-through sort of way!   Miraculous in a Mary sort of way.  
In the midst of praying for my pipes, I saw that the blockage in the pipe is how I feel about some areas of my life; that there is something blocking the flow of God’s provision, and THE relationship.  Do you feel that way too?   
As I prayed for breakthrough in the pipe, I was also praying for breakthrough in my life, and your life too.  There are many of us struggling to remain hopeful - and expectant.   BUT GOD!   He is breaking through!  
Christmas is the season of the miraculous breaking into the darkness, so I pray that all of us will receive the seed of fresh faith, to believe ALL things are possible!  
“For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment.”  (Luke 1:37 Amplified)  
Declarations:  
Thank you LORD of the breakthrough, that NOTHING is EVER impossible with You!  I pray and declare the favor You gave to Mary, will be a shield for each person desiring a Kingdom Marriage;  that Your word will be like a sword in their lives, cutting away all discouragement, fear and unbelief.  
  • Lord God, overshadow us with Your presence, and impart to us fresh seeds of faith, hope and expectancy in Your promises.  
  • We receive the gift of Faith; of child-like faith.  
  • We declare that we have the faith to move mountains!   
  • We declare BREAKTHROUGH!  The Lord is breaking through our obstacles and enemies like the bursting out of great waters!  
  • And we shout GRACE!  GRACE!  To all obstacles that are slowing the flow of God’s provision - spiritual, financial and relational!  (as Beth Moore would say)  “MOVE IT!”  
  • Thank you Lord for the strength to endure and wait, with patience and joy.  
  • We declare and receive the expectancy of Mary, knowing that the Master of the Breakthrough is faithful!  
  • “Now to Him Who, by the power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above ALL that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes or dreams] - -   To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever.    AMEN!  [so be it!]”  (Ephesians 3:20 Amplified)  
Expecting to be amazed ~
Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2011

1 comment: