Monday, December 19, 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas Blessings for My Beloved - GOODNESS

The Twelve Days of Christmas Blessings for My Beloved -  GOODNESS
One of the things I hear in circles of unmarried people is, “All the GOOD ones are taken.”  
Or, “There aren’t any good guys out there [in the dating world.]”  
I cringe when I hear people say things like that!  Our words have power, and if “ all the good ones are gone” is what someone says or believes, it will be more challenging to see the great ones when God brings them into our lives.  I admit, sometimes it seems that all the good guys are married, but I am very careful not to agree with such faithless words.  
God is GOOD, and He is more than “able to do exceedingly abundantly above ALL that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us!”  (Ephesians 3:18 NKJV)
There are good men and women, just like you, waiting to find their beloved!  So when you start feeling discouragement weigh you down like a wet blanket because of the lies in your head, speak the Truth - the powerful Word of God over the lies.  
“Now I myself am confident concerning you, my brethren, that you also are full of GOODNESS, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.”  (Romans 15:14 NKJV)
Goodness, agathosune; Strong’s #19:  Compare “Agatha”, and possibly “agate.”  Beneficence, kindness in actual manifestation, virtue equipped for action, a bountiful propensity both to will and to do what is good, intrinsic goodness producing a generosity and a Godlike state or being.  Agathosune is a rare word that combines being good and doing good.  
The other day I was feeling the expectancy of God’s blessings in my life, grateful for the things I have yet to see, and I felt Him say to my heart, “I am blessing you not because you are good, but because I AM Good.”  
Some days the only thing I can pray is, “God, I know You are good, and You are faithful.”   When we focus on His goodness and love for us, then goodness will be a result of His spirit living in us.  Fruit of the Spirit!  It doesn’t happen from striving to do all the right or “good” things, so that we will GET what we want.  He is not Santa Claus!  Naughty or nice, God is still good!  
One more thing - yesterday at church one of the pastors said, “when you need something in your life, give it away, and God will give it to you in greater measure.”  We could all use more goodness, so let’s give some away!  
On the fifth day of Christmas, we give our True Love ...the gift of Goodness.
God, You are GOOD!  Thank You for Your Goodness in our lives.  Thank You that because You are Good, You will hear our prayers, and touch the lives of people we may not even know today - our future or current spouses!   
  • Fill them today with Your Holy Spirit.  Compel them to ask You to fill them today.  
  • Fill our spouses with Your Goodness!  
  • Fill them with Your “virtue that is equipped for action.”
  • Impart to the people you have called to Kingdom marriages, “A bountiful propensity both to will and to do what is good.”
  • Generous God, fill them with Your generosity. 
  • Give them the strength to be good and do good, and fill them with the knowledge to know it is because God, You are good.  
  • We declare that there are GREAT people “out there” in the dating world, and we know that God is our Matchmaker!  
  • We agree with Mary and declare, "For with God nothing will be impossible."  
“Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass.  I have purposed it; I will also do it.”  GOD (Isaiah 46:11 NKJV)  
AMEN!  
Expecting to be amazed ~
Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment