Monday, October 8, 2012

Rest


Fall is here, it snowed last week, and I finally turned my heat on in the house.  Does the change of seasons and crisp air stir your longing for companionship?  A friend called me last night to say she is getting back on Match.com, and I saw another friend post on Facebook about her new endeavor with online dating.  Perhaps it is the quickly approaching holiday season that elicits that deep ache we’ve been ignoring, and the question, “Am I going to be alone for the holidays?  Again?!”   
The change of seasons actually has me desiring a man to help me with all the "Man-Jobs" around my house!  I need a "Rent-A-Guy"!


My pastor gave a profound message yesterday about entering God’s REST.  Peter Young said that when we really learn to walk in REST, which is having such a faith in God, that we have the Peace of God that surpasses all understanding, the promises of God will be released to us.  Did you get that?   
Then he said, “When we catch rest, the promises of God will run to us!”  

Walking in rest is a spiritual discipline.  It is choosing to believe that God is going to be faithful when the worries, dread or disappointments haunt your mind.  

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]  29 Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.  30 For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good—not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.”  (Matthew 11:28 Amplified)

Declare today ~
Father God, I choose today to trust You with all of my concerns and worries.  I open my hands and release the tight grasp I have on these things:  (finances, relationships, kids, parents.....) and I trust You to work ALL these things out for GOOD, because I love you and I am called according to Your purposes.  I choose to turn to You, to trust You, and You will cause me to rest - You will ease and refresh my soul.  I take Your yoke of rest, and I will learn more of You, Lord God, for you are gentle and humble in heart.   Thank you that as I turn to you, give my worries to you, I will find rest - relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet for my soul!  I receive Your Rest!  And by the way, as I rest, will you send that man who can dance running to me?!  

Amen!

Expecting to be amazed ~

Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment