Friday, October 4, 2013

Confession


I must admit that returning to this blog, or writing, or even praying for marriages has not been easy for me lately.  Over the summer I thought I had achieved a new level of peace, and to some extent I had - I am trusting God for my future.  Then I wondered, and began asking and praying - was it peace?  Or had I let my desire fizzle out?  So I began asking God to restore my desire!  

On Sunday a guy at church prayed for me - for the healing of my heart from hope deferred, and then he told me that he is 41, and does not understand why God has not yet brought his wife to him, so I prayed for him too.  We know God is good, and He loves us, and all He does is out of His love for His children.

As I said, I have not felt like praying, and I have not been confessing or declaring God’s truth and His word, as was clearly directed by God two years ago, but He is nudging me back on track.  Yesterday I drove to Vail, CO to see the changing seasons, and God’s glory...

  
Stuck in traffic with a dying cell phone, I was more focused on the Graham Cooke CD than I might have been, and Graham said that one of the keys to moving into the plans and purposes of God, or to seeing desire fulfilled in your life, is confession.  Speaking out loud all that God has said regarding your life.  As Graham said, YOU need to hear it, God needs to hear it, and He just loves to hear His children speaking His words back to Him.  

Do you have scripture promises that you believe are from God?  Speak them out today!  
Do you have prophetic words or prayers from the Lord?  Take them out, and CONFESS them to God.  

My prayer, confession and declaration is, 

LORD God, restore our desire now!  Restore the desire for marriage for all who have allowed that desire to fizzle out.  Ignite the fire in our hearts, minds and spirits, by Your Holy Spirit.  

AMEN!  

Expecting to be amazed ~

Barbara

© Barbara Nelson – 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment