Thursday, December 20, 2012

Awe and Wonder - the Fear of the Lord - The Twelve Days of Blessings for our True Love


Every Christmas my sister and her family host a wonderful (or as she would say, FABULOUS) Christmas party for her family and close friends.  I must confess that every year it is a little bit stressful for me, because I hope and pray all year that I will finally have THE date to the big party.  I usually choose to go solo, and I always have a great time catching up with the festive people I see once a year.   

This year, after much angst and over analyzing, I asked a man-friend to join me at the party.  Why was it so stressful for me?  Was I worried more about what people would think if I showed up solo... again!?  Every year a generation 15+ years younger than me arrive with new spouses and children, and I enjoy them all, while stuffing my “hope deferred.”  Worrying about appearances is “fearing” man rather than trusting God.  I don’t think man-fearing was the main reason for my angst, it was a bit deeper.  I realized that my resistance in asking a friend was rooted in my desire to enjoy ALL of Christmas with my True Love.  I don’t want just A date, I long for THE Date!   Can you relate?  

So this year I pray; we pray.  I pray for the man God is preparing for me, and we pray for the many other people longing for a Kingdom Marriage.  May we all have a deeply rooted awe, wonder, and reverence for the Son of God, it is the “Fear of the Lord.”

My pastor, Peter Young, has been teaching from Isaiah 8-9, and the Fear of the Lord.  
“The Lord of hosts—regard Him as holy and honor His holy name [by regarding Him as your only hope of safety], and let Him be your fear and let Him be your dread [lest you offend Him by your fear of man and distrust of Him].”   Isaiah 8:13 (Amplified)
Fear, (Hebrew) morah:  Fear, reverence, terror, awe; an object of fear, respect, or reverence... In the present reference, Isaiah is admonished never to fear human threats, but to let God alone be the object of his reverential fear.  

Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace ~ we declare that we honor, and revere You.  We worship You!  We are in awe of You, and we open our hearts and spirits to receive the Wonder of all that You are, and Your majesty.  

Give our True Loves, and all who are appointed for Kingdom Marriages, the gift of a deep fear of You - a gasping wonder and awe when we think of You, and feel Your presence.  We trade in our fear of man, and choose to fear the Lord.  

Amen!  

Expecting to be amazed ~

Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment