Sunday, December 23, 2012

DISCERNMENT - The Twelve Days of Christmas Blessings for Our True Loves


(This is a repost from 2011, and there is an update about the Sagacious Gentleman following the post.)  

Every day Match.com sends me a selection of men they have chosen for me on that particular day.  It is sort-of like the “ShopItToMe” emails I receive with all the great designer fashions that are on sale, based on my preselected criteria. It’s all shopping!  Anyway, the nice looking “Sagacious Gentleman” caught my eye, not as much because of the way he looked, or that he is a big skier - no it was “SAGACIOUS” that caught my eye.  I must confess, I had to look up the word, and I am glad I did.  

SAGACIOUS:  
    • Keen in sense perception.  
    • Of keen and farsighted penetration and judgment: discerning.
    • Caused by or indicating acute discernment.
    • Synonyms:  discerning, insightful, perceptive, prudent, wise, sage, sapient.
The Sagacious Gentleman is looking for a woman with “acute discernment and a keen practical sense.”  Discernment is a much more valuable trait to look for in a person than, “a woman who can look great in a LBD, and jeans.”   no really, I see that all the time.  


The discerning of spirits is one of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, and one I would like to send via UPS to the man God is leading to me, day by day.   My friend Jack Sera wrote a book called, “Revealer of the Enemy.”  Jack places a high value on a woman’s discernment in marriage:

“...”The purpose of my new book, 'Revealer of the Enemy', is to bring enlightening revelation to the major role of wives within their marriage. That role is, "Helpmate." Satan has been attempting to hide Gods intended role from Christian wives ever since the fall in the garden. Helpmate, in Ancient Hebrew, is translated as Revealer of the Enemy. That's right! This message, when understood and lived out, will free up wives and husbands to begin to take back what the enemy has stolen."

On the eleventh day of Christmas, we give our True Love ...the gift of Discernment.

Thank You Father God for the sagacious gentlemen and ladies You are preparing for each of us, and for Kingdom Marriages.  Please Unite us by the Power of Your Spirit, and send them an increase of the supernatural gifts of discernment and wisdom.  

Just as the Wise Men were able to read the stars, and know a King was born, give our spouses the wisdom needed to know the next steps in their journey.  

  • Give them spiritual and natural eyes to see, and ears to hear Your voice saying to them, “This is the way, walk in it.”  
  • Impart to each person sensitivity in their Spirit, to know Your best when presented with a choice.  
  • “For you (my beloved) have not been given a spirit of fear, but of Love, Power, and a sound mind.”  (Sound mind - the word denotes good judgment, disciplined thought patterns, and the ability to understand and make right decisions.  It includes the qualities of self-control and self discipline.)  
  • Give our beloveds an increase of Your wisdom, and the good sense to ask You for wisdom daily.  
  • Give our beloveds the Mind of Christ, to know their true identity as the King’s heir, child, and loved-one.  

Thank You dear Lord, for the anticipation we feel today; the expectancy, and hope.  Thank you Jesus for Hope.  

AMEN!  It is firmly, truly so!

P.s.  I did meet Sagacious Gentleman.... ask me "off-line" for the story, but God did some amazing things in that man's life.
  
Expecting to be amazed ~

Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment