Tuesday, December 18, 2012

FAITHFULNESS - The Twelve Days of Christmas Blessings for My True Love


“A faithful man will abound with blessings...”  (Proverbs 28:20)

Earlier this month, while looking at an impossible situation, and trying to have enough faith to believe that God would come through for me, my prayer shifted.  I began asking God to increase my faith, and strengthen me to believe that He will do what He says He will do.  I realized that I could not muster up enough faith by my own striving, it had to come from God.  It is the picture of letting go, falling back, and trusting that He will be there to catch you.  He always does, because our awesome God is FAITHFUL!  SO faithful!   
God did come through for me in that situation that seemed impossible!  

I want to be full of faith every day, and it is my desire to meet a man who is so full of faith, that he is unwaveringly faithful to me, after he is steadfastly faithful to God.  

Faithful, emunah; Strong’s #530:  Firmness, stability, faithfulness, fidelity, conscientiousness, steadiness, certainty; that which is permanent, enduring, steadfast.  ‘Emunah comes from the root “aman,” to be firm, sure, established and steady.”  “Amen” derived from this same root, means “it is firmly, truly so!”   Emunah is often translated “faithfulness” or “truth,” as truth is considered something ultimately certain, stable, and unchangingly fixed.  

I also looked up the word “faithfulness” in Webster’s dictionary, and the “Synonym Discussion” was interesting to me.  Something I had not thought of when thinking of “faithfulness” is “firmness.”  

“Faithful, loyal, constant, staunch, steadfast, resolute mean firm in adherence to whatever one owes allegiance.”  

God is firm - He doesn’t move, or change His mind.  We are created in the image of God, and we are filled and empowered by His indwelling Holy Spirit, so we can ask for more of His attributes in our own lives, and for Him to fill our beloved.  

On the sixth day of Christmas, we give our True Love ...the gift of Faithfulness.

Thank You Father God for Your firm Faithfulness!  You are so faithful to Your promises, and to complete what You have started in our lives.  You invited us on this journey to pray for Kingdom Marriages, and I believe that all of us will receive the desires of our hearts - Your best marriages!   LORD, help our unbelief, and give us the gift of faith to believe the unbelievable, and wait with hope and expectancy!  
  • LORD God, fill our (future or current) beloved with Your Holy Spirit; fill them with the gift of FAITH, that they will bear much fruit of Faithfulness!  
  • Impart to our beloved the miraculous faith of Mary and Joseph this Christmas!  
  • Increase their faith to believe that You adore them, and that You will bless them with a great romance.  
  • Make their faithfulness FIRM - that they will be:
    • Loyal
    • Constant
    • Dedicated 
    • Devoted
    • Devout
    • Staunch 
    • Steadfast
    • Resolute
  • And we declare that the faithful men and women You have called to unite in Kingdom Marriages will abound with blessings!  
Thank You, UPS Man, for Uniting us by the Power of Your Spirit!  

AMEN!  it is firmly, truly so!

Expecting to be amazed ~

Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment