Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Bachelor - 40 Days of Prayer and Blessing

Day 12 – (24th of January)
Prayer for your 10+ men (2 Timothy 1) 
  • Fan into flame the gift of faith
  • Not have a spirit of timidity (fear), but rather have a spirit of power, love and self-discipline
  • Not be ashamed to testify about the Lord
Prayer for yourself:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.



The Bachelor!

Yes, I confess, I watch The Bachelor - usually in snippets, and last night I was flipping from the presidential debates to Ben and the cat fights.   Putting all those beautiful women together in a house, all focused on “winning” the affection of one man, is just a petrie dish for the Uglies of jealousy, insecurity, fear and self pity.  Even the most beautiful dress, shoes, smile and hair will not attract the Bachelor in the long run if the Uglies are festering on the inside.  Did you see Ben’s face each time a girl started whining about not spending enough time with him?  He was repulsed when the insecurities surfaced.  (Except with Courtney, but I think the producers do that for ratings, and he is a nice guy!)  
I bring The Bachelor up because this morning it is on my mind to visualize my future with THE man.  If I see it, then I can imagine the steps I need to take to get to the destination.  It’s a bit like planning a road trip (or getting directions on your GPS.)  You pick the destination, visualize your arrival, but you must go back to see the roads and turns needed to get you there most efficiently.  
Rather than visualizing the superficial things I want in a man or a marriage, I found myself imagining how I will FEEL, and I don’t mean the feelings of being in love, but how I will be feeling in my life - emotionally, spiritually, and physically.    
How do you want to be feeling in your own skin when you are in a budding relationship with the person you will marry?   
How will you be feeling when you meet that person?  
  • Confident!
  • Happy!
  • Passionate about your work or ministry! 
  • Healthy!
  • Accepted and loved by God!  
  • Loving Jesus!
  • Secure!
  • Excited about the future!
  • Content!
  • Peaceful.......   
There is no room for the Uglies when you feel that good.  “Perfect Love drives out ALL fear!”  Receive, and be filled with the perfect Love of God, and the fear-based Uglies will be driven out of your life.  
Write a vision of how you will be feeling in your future relationship; take the time to feel those feelings, and then write the testimony for all of us when it becomes a reality!
AMEN!  
Expecting to be amazed ~
Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment