Wednesday, January 18, 2012

God Answers - 40 Days of Prayer for Faith and Blessing

I must confess that yesterday after sending out psalm 37, “DO NOT FRET”, I began to fret!  and I was not trusting God, and I was not rolling my concerns onto Him!  
As I backed my car out of the driveway on my way to a lovely gathering of women, I was feeling pangs of guilt for taking time away from work, and the question in my heart was, “Is God really involved in the details of my life, because perhaps if I had done A, B, and C, my life would be more like my fairy-tale picture.”    
The women’s gathering was a time for busy Christian women to enjoy God, and to take a few minutes to be refreshed.  I walked in fretting with my “everything-is-wonderful” smile on my face.  After an introduction by the amazing author, Emilie Griffin, we were instructed to read and pray Psalm 139, from the Jerusalem translation, one that I am not familiar with.  
God answered my question:
“You had scrutinized my every action,  ALL were recorded in Your book,  my days listed and determined,  even before the first of them occurred.”  

Today God has appointed each of us to pray, declare, proclaim His will regarding marriage.  He has assigned US to bless men all over the world.  
How cool is that?!  

Prayers of Faith and Blessing
Day 6 – (18th of January)

Prayer for your 10+ men:
  • Set their hearts on things above
  • Clothe themselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience
  • Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances they have amongst each other
  • That over all these virtues, that they would put on love
Prayer for yourself:  
If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Romans 8:31-32)
AMEN!  
Expecting to be amazed ~
Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment