Tuesday, January 31, 2012

God has not forgotten you - 40 Days of Prayer and Blessing

Day 19 – (31st of January)
Prayer for your 10+ men (Psalm 121) 
  • Keep them from all harm and watch over their lives
  • Watch over their coming and going both now and for evermore.
Prayer for yourself:
But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me.”  Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?  Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.  Behold I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.  (Isaiah 49: 13-16)

“God is the God of Romance!” is a phrase we use in my family, because we have witnessed God’s romantic hand bring the couples in my family together.  The testimonies are so great that my sister is writing a book!  My two older sisters were married in their early 20s, my brother a few years later, each with divine, interwoven love stories.  And our parents, oh my, they have the most romantic story of all, and they are now the cutest in-love, in their late 80s couple you have ever seen!  God is the God of Romance.  

When my nieces started getting married I admit, I struggled a bit, because in my mind, it was MY turn for my extraordinary love story.  With each niece wedding, and there have been 6 to date and my nephew is getting married in less than 2 weeks (I am SO excited for him!), I find myself saying, “HEY GOD!  Oh Youuuuu-hoooooo, GOD!  Over here!  Have you forgotten about ME?!”   
But God does not forget.  He has not forgotten about my romance, and He has not forgotten about your love story either.  He is not a man that he would lie; and He does what He says He will do!  
God is GOOD!  and He is Faithful!  
To reinforce the truth that God has not forgotten, Psalm 121 is our prayer for the men today, and it is a personal reminder to me that God does not forget about His children.  Let me share one more quick story, and I hope it encourages you today as I have been encouraged.  
Many years ago (and it seems like TOO many years, but I know, God’s timing is perfect), when I was living in Aspen, CO and not walking the Walk, my sister Lisa was visiting with her family, and she gave me the challenge of my life.  Lisa said, “I am going to pray, and then you open the bible and point, and let’s see what it says.”  
Bible roulette!  
My reaction was, “Yeah, right!  OK - let’s do it!”  
I was certain my finger would land on some random page, and the words would be meaningless.    
To set the stage, we were standing in her condo in Snowmass, overlooking God’s majestic mountains with lavish wild-flowers everywhere.  Gorgeous!  

Lisa prayed, I opened the bible, and I will never forget it, my finger landed smack on Psalm 121!  
“I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth! 
He will not let you stumble; 
the one who watches over you will not slumber....
The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade...
The LORD keeps you from all harm, and watches over your life...”  
All of a sudden God was speaking to my heart, and He said, “Barbara!  I have had my hand on your life all this time, and I have not let your foot slip.  I have been protecting you, and even though you have been ignoring Me, I have been right at your side every day.  I love you, and I have a great plan for your life!”  
WOW! God had not forgotten me.  And today, He has not forgotten YOU or the men for whom you are praying.  He has a great plan for each of us!  Plans to prosper us in every area of our lives; plans to give us a future and a HOPE!  Plans for THE divine connection and Kingdom marriages!
AMEN!  
Expecting to be amazed ~
Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2012

1 comment: