Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tebow Hope

TEBOW HOPE
“It's not just NFL defenses that get Tebowed. It's high school girls who don't know whether they'll ever go to a prom. It's adults who can hardly stand. It's kids who will die soon.” 
“So that's it. I've given up giving up on him. I'm a 100 percent believer. Not in his arm. Not in his skills. I believe in his heart, his there-will-definitely-be-a-pony-under-the-tree optimism, the way his love pours into people, right up to their eyeballs, until they believe they can master the hopeless comeback, too.”

At the Bronco Game on 1/8/2012 with my orange blooded sister Lisa 

I am a fan of the Denver Broncos!  I was born a fan (even though my interest in football has waned at times), and I tell people that the blood in my family is Bronco Orange.  Our father had season tickets to the Bronco games in the VERY beginning, but I have never seen anything like Tim Tebow.  I agree with the ESPN writer above, and the thing about Tim Tebow that is impacting me is, his there-will-definitely-be-a-pony-under-the-tree optimism, the way his love pours into people, right up to their eyeballs, until they believe they can master the hopeless comeback, too.”
The purpose of 1 + 1 = One is to build our faith, and to pray that others will have hope and faith, so that we “can [all] master the hopeless comeback, too.”   
  • It is believing that the impossible is possible.   
  • Believing that God is romantic and good!
  • And He IS arranging marriages for those of us who desire to be married. 
  • I am still waiting with hope for my prom date!  
  • I BELIEVE!  

Today is the BIG playoff game for the Broncos agains the New England Patriots (8pm EST), and I am already receiving emails from men on the East coast.  These are unmarried men, who are connecting with “Tebow Hope”, and they contact their Denver friend, me, to express their giddy excitement about Tim Tebow.  You know how fanatical some football fans become?  Each of the men I hear from has a favorite team - (including the New England Patriots!) but they love Tim Tebow, and they are rooting for him!  It is his faith, and following Tim as he follows Jesus, is imparting hope again.   
For the next 39 days, join me in praying with the London Ladies, and ladies from New York City, Virginia Beach and Denver (San Francisco & Houston - are you IN?!)  Let’s roll!  Or rather, “GAME ON!”
    1. Fast one thing (or more) for 40 days.  
    2. Choose 10 Men to pray for.  I am praying for specific men (including all those Tebow fans!), and I am also praying generally for many other men God has in mind to touch with our prayers.  
    3. Pray.  Ask.  Seek God.  
(Please see the post from Thursday, 1/12/2012,  and if you would like a copy of the Prayer of Faith Prayer Points, send me an email:  Barbarasn@gmail.com.)  
40 Days of Faith - Prayers for 1/14/2012
Day 2 – (14th of January)
Prayer for the men: 
(Colossians 1:9-13) 
  • Be filled with a knowledge of God’s will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding
  • Live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way.
  • Be strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that they may have great endurance and patience
Prayer for yourself:
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.  You did not choose me, but I choose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, He may give it to you. (John 15:15-16)
AMEN!  
Expecting to be amazed ~
Barbara
© Barbara Nelson – 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment